Handy Checklist for House Moving in Streatham
A guided route is always preferred when it comes to a new terrain. House moving in Streatham can be really challenging unless you follow a course path that is self correcting, efficient and made to order. There might be several moving checklists available online but do they suit you to the T? The answer is a very honest No. We have listed some tips and tricks that will make house moving simple for you.
1. Sort, Sell, Share and Trash: This is an extremely important activity as we tend to accumulate things over time and they are not necessarily sorted properly. The 3 broad categories Sell, Share and Trash will give you clarity straight away when you look at an article. By sorting we mean to gather things that belong together and keep them together. This will prove handy when you are packing the items in Streatham, SW16. A garage sale will help you not only get some cash in hand but also share happiness with someone who will treasure your former possession.
2. Packing Supplies and Packing: Keep all supplies handy like old sheets, old newspapers, bubble wrap, tape, strings, basic toolkit, box cutters, labels, pens, notepads, trash bags, Ziploc bags, shrink wraps, markers and scissors. All these should have you covered. In case you are packing by yourself, lists will be very helpful. They keep you on track and make sure that you have it all under control. Work with one room/section at a time. Finish it completely and then move to the other area. Make proper labels so that your unpacking becomes easier as well. Make legible ‘fragile’ stickers for breakable and precious articles. Colour coding will make the activity fun and effective. Pack away the heaviest pieces with utmost care.
3. Notify: Relocation comes with address change and notifications to the people who have your address for communication. House movers must ensure to inform the relevant parties over email, postcards or any other electronic method. This will ensure you do not lose your mail and other correspondence. Let your newspaper supplier know about it as well. Clear all bills with service providers in case you are not able to continue with them at the new address. Change the address with the health care, insurance provider, banks, your place of work and the like.
4. Electronics and Electricals: Losing valuable cables is possible in a chaotic packing routine in SW16. Empty and clean the refrigerator and keep the door open for at least 24 hours before moving it. Try to clean the equipment that does not belong to you but has been used by you. It is imperative to leave these items as they were given to you. Get them serviced, if need be.
5. Man and a Van: There are many moving companies in Streatham that offer this option. It is as simple as it sounds, there is a man who comes in with a removal van, helps you load it and drives you to the destination. Another variation of this is where you can hire the van, drive it, use it to move the goods and return it to the removals company.
6. Removal Company: In case you do not wish to go through with the ordeal yourself, hire professionals in the SW17 area who are well versed with the process and can hand-hold the change. They come in advance to check the place from where you are relocating. A contract is drawn up and you are all sorted. You might still have to do a few things yourself but the house moving is sorted otherwise. Their experience and knowledge proves to be a great investment.
If you are a student about to relocate to your new accommodation in Hammersmith where you are planning to study,...
Moving houses can be very exciting and at the same time confusing. There are many things to plan and consider;...
Moving home in Islington carries a certain amount of risk for your valuables. It's just the simple matter of it; if...